Murray Dairy Team
The Murray Dairy team is regionally focused and locally based.
Jenny has a passion for agriculture in the Murray region and a desire to achieve quality outcomes for the dairy industry. She enjoys working closely with dairy farmers and building productive relationships across the industry.
Prior to her role at Murray Dairy, Jenny worked with the Victorian State Government in the agricultural sector, most recently as Program Manager of Dairy and Irrigation Services in the Hume region for the Department of Economic Development Jobs, Transport and Resources.
Jenny graduated with a Bachelor of Environmental Science from Charles Sturt University. She also holds an Advanced Certificate in Sustainability, a Diploma of Project Management and, a Diploma of Applied Science (Laboratory Management).
Contact Jenny about:
- Murray Dairy's strategy and programs
- Industry information
- Industry and regional partnership opportunities
- Corporate and Board activities
Regional Extension Officer - Feedbase and Animal Nutrition
Lisa has a Bachelor in Agricultural Science and a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and has worked in the dairy industry for over 15 years. She has worked as a specialist dairy nutrition consultant, including as the Area Manager for Fonterra Australia, working with farmers from Kerang to Swanpool to Wagga Wagga.
Lisa's skill-base is focused on cow nutrition and pasture management.
Contact Lisa about:
- Feed budgeting and nutrition tools
- Designing and balancing your ration
- Nutrition Fundamentals and Advanced Nutrition courses
- Summer and winter cropping
- Pasture management (including Feeding Pastures for Profit courses)
- Autumn start-up
- Top Fodder silage course
Regional Extension Officer - Animal Performance
Ross took up a role with Murray Dairy as Extension Officer in Animal Performance after operating his own dairy business for 25 years and working for hay and grain company Feed Central as a supply manager.
Ross has experience in the area as both a farmer and service provider and has developed and maintained relationships with many of Murray Dairy's key stakeholders.
Ross has also participated in the Developing Dairy Leaders Program run by Dairy Australia and the Australian Dairy Federation. Ross was a participant in one of Murray Dairy's first Focus Farms.
Contact Ross about:
- Transition management workshops
- Euthanasia of livestock courses
- Mastitis management and prevention (including Cups On Cups Off courses)
- Downer Cow management courses
- Lameness resources
- Calf management courses
Regional Extension Officer - Land Water Carbon and Farm Safety
Prior to joining Murray Dairy, Lisa spent four years working with the Bega Cheese field team as an environment and sustainability officer.
Lisa has extensive experience in natural resource management and has been involved in developing and delivering a range of Murray Dairy extension programs.
Contact Lisa about:
- Energy use on farms
- Irrigation and water management (including the Water Trading Toolkit and Water Toolkit videos)
- Soil management and the Fert$mart program
- Safety on farm
- Regional Network Groups and the Regional Extension and Education Committee
Regional Extension Officer - People and Workforce Development
Melva is Murray Dairy's Extension Officer focusing on People and Workforce Development.
Having joined Murray Dairy in 2015, Melva has a sense of arriving home. She grew up on a farm in north-west Victoria before study took her to the city. Melva is actively involved in the Tatura community.
With professional qualifications in both chemistry and training, Melva brings extensive experience in the education, agricultural, water, laboratory science and industry training sectors.
Contact Melva about:
- Employment, recruitment, managing staff, redundancies or termination
- Wages, employees, entitlements and holidays
- Getting a copy of the ESKi (Employment Starter Kit)
- Succession planning, leasing and shared equity arrangements
- Dairy careers
- Leadership development
- School programs
Regional Extension Officer - Farm Business Management
Lachlan joined Murray Dairy in June 2016 after 10 years with Agriculture Victoria. He has held several roles including Irrigation and Dairy Program Manager Northern Region, Biosecurity Area Leader - Northern Region as well as the role of Site Leader for the Tatura site of the Department of Economic Development Jobs, Transport and Resources.
Contact Lachlan about:
- Registering for our one-to-one consultations
- Farm Business Fundamentals course
- Dairy Farm Business Analysis course
- Our Farm Our Plan business planning program
Strategic Projects Manager
Amy came to Murray Dairy as Project Manager for the Accelerating Change project. Her current role involves the management of strategic projects across change management and future directions for the dairy industry in northern Victoria.
Amy grew up on the family farm in western Victoria where she experienced the ups and downs of the cropping industry through various seasonal conditions and took this understanding to a wide degree of studies in agricultural science at the University of Melbourne, Deakin University, University of New England and Charles Sturt University.
Before moving to northern Victoria, Amy worked in project management and policy development for Dairy Australia, the Federal Department of Agriculture and the Grains Research and Development Corporation. Her enthusiasm for advancement in agriculture is shown through her previous positions as Chair of the Victorian Farmers' Federation Young Agribusiness Professionals and Chair of the National Farmers' Federation Innovation Committee.
Contact Amy about:
- The industry context - policy, environment, climate
- The Dairy Industry Regional Strategy for northern Victoria
- Murray Region Feedbase RD&E strategy
- The Agronomy Network
- Outcomes of the Accelerating Change project
- New and upcoming investments to support our region
Program Development Manager - Feeding Systems
Shane's role as the Program Development Manager of Feeding Systems focuses on the development of extension material to support different feeding systems and the use of alternate forages, particularity in areas affected by changes in climate and water availability such as northern Victoria.
Shane has a wealth of experience in the dairy industry, having run his own farm at Kyabram for 12 years before joining the service sector. Shane spent over 10 years with Agriculture Victoria in research and extension across a range of areas including soil management, irrigation and drainage and grass control. He also spent six years teaching secondary science. Most recently, Shane held a role as Field Officer for Murray Goulburn/Saputo.
Contact Shane about:
- Information about transitioning to PMR, TMR systems
- Research into alternative forages, management and nutrition
- Murray Region Feedbase RD&E Strategy
- Referrals for dairy infrastructure, planning and permits
Rural Skills Connect Coordinator
Linda is Recognise Rural Skills Connect - Dairy coordinator for the GMID based with Murray Dairy.
The Recognise Rural Skills Connect - Dairy is designed to promote and highlight the benefits of investing and retaining skills in the dairy sector in Northern Victoria.
Importantly this will be achieved through programs actions such as:
- finding the right professional development opportunities for people in dairy
- having the skills in the dairy sector recognised
- highlighting the regional investment benefits that the dairy sector delivers
To find out further information contact Linda:
Phone: 0487 446 808
Project Administrator Officer
Megan joined the Murray Dairy team in January 2015 as Project Administration Officer. Megan has worked professionally in the financial and legal administration field for over 20 years.
Megan brings a wealth of administrative experience to the team enabling the organisation to achieve its goals. Having grown up in the area, Megan enjoys supporting and learning more about the dairy industry in the region.
Project Administrator Officer
Liz has been with Murray Dairy since mid-2015. In her role, Liz assists with the organisation of events, manages the Murray Dairy website and associated data and provides general administration support to Murray Dairy staff.
Liz has worked in the dairy industry for many years in a number of roles including, pasture and animal research with Agriculture Victoria, milk quality control with Tatura Milk Industries and running a dairy farm with her husband for 15 years.
Liz enjoys working with and helping people in the community. She had held a number of voluntary service positions with the local Kyabram community where she is still actively involved in the Kyabram Netball Association.
David joined Murray Dairy in July 2020 as the Communications Officer after having spent almost a decade working in the media and communications industry through roles as Editorial Manager/Senior Journalist with the Shepparton Adviser newspaper and then Communications Advisor with Goulburn-Murray Water’s Connections Project. Having grown up the Murray region his whole life, David has a great passion for the agriculture industry and the people behind it.
Contact David about:
- Subscribing to our eNews, YDN eNews, Situation Report or Upcoming Events lists
- Promoting industry programs and services through our channels
- Resources, tools or information available
- Media enquiries